This delicious mango-lime walnut bread is great for casual gatherings, breakfast or snack time!
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup mango, ripe, firm, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- In large bowl, beat oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Stir in mango, lime zest and juice.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture until just combined. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake in 350°F oven 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool a few minutes in pan; remove and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine icing sugar and lime zest. Add lime juice; stir until blended. Spread or drizzle over loaf.
Tip: May be frozen without glaze. Wrap well in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag.