This delicious mango-lime walnut bread is great for casual gatherings, breakfast or snack time!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced firm ripe mango
- 2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped California Walnuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1-2 tablespoon lime juice
- In large bowl, beat oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Stir in mango, lime zest and juice.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture until just combined. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake in 350°F oven 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool a few minutes in pan; remove and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine icing sugar and lime zest. Add lime juice; stir until blended. Spread or drizzle over loaf.
*Tip: May be frozen without glaze. Wrap well in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag.