California walnuts add a special touch to these creamy and delicious stuffed potatoes. Great as a side dish or appetizer!
- 15 potatoes, mini (red or white skinned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola (or any blue cheese), crumbled
- 1 cup California walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup chives, divided, finely chopped
- 2 strips bacon, crumbled, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, coarse and pepper, freshly cracked
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut potatoes in half crosswise. Mix with oil in bowl. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, Gorgonzola, walnuts, half of the chives, bacon, salt and pepper and stir well. Cut a thin slice off rounded end of each potato so that it will sit upright. Turn the potatoes over and, using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out some of the center of each potato and add it to the filling mixture and stir. Stuff potato shells with heaping amount of the filling and arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked and filling is warmed through. Garnish potatoes with the remaining chives. Serve immediately.