This dip of toasted walnuts, roasted red pepper and seasonings is easy to prepare and improves its flavor overnight.
- 1 red pepper, roasted, seeded
- 2 tablespoon bread crumbs, gluten-free (I used gluten-free pretzels whirled in a coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, toasted
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, small, minced
- Toss all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well-mixed. You want some texture left, so don't over-process. Let stand for 20 minutes before eating. Lasts about a week in the fridge.
- Garnish with some more walnuts and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature. The dip can be stored in a sealed container overnight in the fridge to improve its flavor, bring up to room temperature before serving.