Walnuts, Parmesan cheese and sundried tomatoes give these vegetarian naan bread pizzas a delicious twist.
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 7 tomatoes, sun-dried
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced, caramelized
- 1/3 mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup artichokes, canned, sliced
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, low-fat, grated
- Combine walnuts, Parmesan cheese and sundried tomatoes with a hand blender or food processor until it forms a paste.
- Divide and spread evenly between both flatbreads and top with vegetables and cheese.
Preheat one side of barbecue on high and place the pizzas on cooler part of barbecue. Cover with the lid and let bake for about 7 to 10 minutes until vegetables are cooked and cheese has melted.
Preheat oven to 400°F and place pizzas directly on center rack. Bake for 7 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes to brown vegetables if desired.
Tips: To caramelize the onions, sauté sliced onions with 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft and golden brown. Makes a great appetizer served on a rustic cutting board for 6 to 8 people.