This parfait recipe with California walnuts, granola, yogurt and fruit is both nutritious and delicious. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack for the whole family!
- 1 1/2 cups oats, old fashioned, rolled
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, pure, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced, hulled
- 2 cups peaches (about 4 medium peaches), thinly sliced, peeled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup kiwifruit (about 3), cubed, peeled
- 2 cups yogurt, nonfat, plain
- Mix oats and walnuts in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Combine 1/4 cup of the maple syrup and butter in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture; stir to blend well.
- Bake 10 minutes in a 350°F oven, stirring occasionally. Bake until mixture is golden and crisp, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes longer.
- Cool granola completely in pan. (Can be prepared one week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
- Gently toss strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwifruit and remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup in large bowl to blend.
- Divide half of the kiwifruit mixture among 6 parfait or wine glasses. Sprinkle each parfait with half the granola mixture, dividing equally. Top each with half the yogurt. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.