"This recipe started out as an oatmeal cookie recipe and evolved into my Oatmeal, Walnut, Cranberry Bar. I have always loved to bake. Creating new recipes is something I have just recently started doing. My family, friends and co-workers are always asking me to bake these cookie bars - I knew they were a big hit!"
- Submitted by Lisa Nelson
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toasted, chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the white and brown sugars. Add the eggs and mix well. Blend flour, baking soda and baking powder in separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Add the oatmeal and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Spread batter in baking pan. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until grown brown and firm in center.
- Cool and cut into small bars.