Oriental spiced walnuts are a new twist from the Far East. These make a delicious sweet and savory topping for your favorite Oriental dishes.
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, mustard, oil, honey, ginger, rosemary and garlic salt. Add the walnuts and toss to coat. Add the sesame seeds and toss again to coat.
- Lift the walnuts out of the bowl with a slotted spoon and spread in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 250°F for about 30 minutes, until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes 2 cups.