This is a simple recipe for savory, seasoned California walnuts that are delicious as a quick snack, or a welcome change from croutons when tossed on a green salad.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, herb seasoning, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add walnut halves and pieces; toss to coat. Add walnuts to cheese mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Spread in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in 250°F oven for about 30 minutes, until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 cups.