This salad tastes great the day it's made and even better the next day so make extra and pack leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 Tbsps white wine or cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsps chopped black olives
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme OR 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. Fusilli (corkscrew), penne, or other large pasta shape
- 1 (6 1/8 oz.) can water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted, peeled red peppers (packed in jars)
- 2 Tbsps chopped parsley
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, place the yogurt, vinegar, olives, thyme and garlic. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain in a colandar, then rinse well and drain again.
- Drain tuna and place in a large bowl with the walnuts and peppers and toss to combine.
- Before serving, add the dressing and stir to coat the ingredients evenly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.