Sure to be a family favorite, this show-stopper side dish recipe with carrots and walnuts is as tasty as it is beautiful!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch diagonal slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- Place juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until juice is reduced to 1/4 cup; stir in honey. (Mixture may be prepared several days ahead and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.)
- While glaze is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Place carrots, oil, salt, and pepper on a small baking sheet; stir well to coat. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle glaze over carrots and stir to coat. Bake for 10 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries and cook for 5 minutes or until carrots are nicely glazed and reach desired tenderness. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with thyme. Recipe may be doubled.