With crunchy walnuts and chunks of cream cheese this easy pumpkin recipe is sure to please. Great for breakfast, snacking and school lunches!
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely broken or chopped
- 1/3 cup ginger, finely chopped, crystallized
- 2 cups baking mix, prepared
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Stir together walnuts and ginger in a small bowl. Place half the mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir in dry ingredients. Whisk together pumpkin, milk, butter and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cream cheese and spoon into prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.