This is an easy yet festive dessert that's perfect for holiday entertaining.
You can make the tart a day or two ahead of time and hold it at room temperature until you're ready to serve it. The decorative top crust is created by shredding the well-chilled dough with a cheese grater.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberry preserves*
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
*You can also make this using apricot or strawberry preserves.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and egg; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add butter; beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine raspberry preserves, walnuts and lemon peel; blend well.
- Press half of dough evenly in bottom of spring form pan. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated.) Spread with raspberry-walnut mixture. With a cheese grater, grate remaining half of dough over raspberry-walnut mixture, covering mixture completely.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.