Store bought pizza dough makes this focaccia recipe a snap! The walnuts and rosemary topping make for a crunch and aromatic delight.
- 1 (16 to 18-oz.) package prepared pizza dough
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread half the olive oil in bottom of a small baking sheet. Knead half the walnuts, cheese, rosemary, and garlic into the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Place on baking sheet and press into an oval using your fingers, stretching dough to about 3/4-inches thick. Let stand in a warm, draft free place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Press indentations into the dough with your fingertips then drizzle with remaining olive oil. Top with remaining walnuts, cheese, rosemary, and garlic.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and let rise for 30 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake for 20 minutes, or until surface is golden brown and bread is cooked through, tenting with foil if top browns too quickly.
Variation: Add 4-oz. diced, sautéed pancetta or 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes.