This simple hot-and-cold fruit dessert seasons sweet pears and crunchy walnuts with cinnamon and spices. Serve this Chef Jamie Lauren recipe with her Cardamom Ice Cream or low-fat frozen yogurt for a lighter alternative.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt (or serve with Chef Jamie's Cardamom Ice Cream)
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted California walnuts
- To prepare pears, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add pears and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt and top with walnuts.