This gorgeous appetizer with a walnut crust and rich baked cheese filling is an elegant addition to any special occasion.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups crushed wheat crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1/2 cup California walnut halves
For the Topping:
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Black or green olives (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together 1 cup walnuts, crackers and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. Beat in cheeses, 4 tablespoons flour and eggs. Stir in remaining walnuts and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Stir together sour cream and remaining tablespoon flour and spread evenly over cheesecake. Arrange walnuts on top in a circular pattern and bake for 10 minutes more. Place on a wire rack and let cool.
- While cheesecake is cooking, place all topping ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse on and off until all ingredients are chopped. Spoon over chilled or room temperature cheesecake slices and garnish with olives.