Spread this smooth, rich dip on crackers or raw vegetables, or serve with grilled vegetable or meatloaf sandwiches.
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Combine walnuts, yogurt, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until walnuts are finely chopped.
- Add walnut oil and process until smooth. You'll have about 1 1/2 cups. One serving equals 2 tablespoons.