- ¼ cup California Walnut Butter Spread (see recipe)
- ¼ cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime OR lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. scallops
- no-stick cooking spray
- 8 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro OR parsley
- To make the dipping sauce, in a small bowl blend together the Walnut Butter, (yogurt, if needed), lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes, set aside.
- Spread the green onions and cilantro on a serving platter. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Coat a large skillet, preferable nonstick, with no-stick cooking spray and place over a moderate heat. Add the scallops and stir and toss them in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes, until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Place the scallops on top of the green onions and cilantro and drizzle with some of the sauce. Pass the remaining sauce at the table.