Indulgent desserts are known to tempt our taste buds. This Spiced Mayan Chocolate Coated Walnuts recipe lets you have your chocolate and eat it too! Gift the walnuts in a clear wax paper bag and embellish with a bright ribbon.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups California walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a large microwavable bowl, add butter, cayenne and cinnamon. Microwave on high until butter is melted, about 30 seconds. Whisk ingredients together to combine. Add walnuts and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with sugar and toss to coat walnuts. Pour mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for about one hour at 250°F, stirring about every 15 minutes, until walnuts are a deep golden color and toasted.
- Sift cocoa over warm walnuts. Let cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.