A yummy snack perfect for the holidays or just a sweet treat anytime. These sweet walnuts have a little kick to them that will make them a favorite year round.
- 1 cube real butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Admiral Nelson’s spiced rum
- 3 to 4 cups California walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Melt butter, sugar and pepper seasonings in a pot, mixture will be thick. Remove from heat. Add rum, mixing well to thin consistency. Using a wooden spoon, add walnuts, stirring until all walnuts are thoroughly coated with mixture. Spread walnuts onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.