This gluten-free strawberry walnut tartlet makes for a fabulous summertime dessert!
- 1-1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier liquer
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 6 large strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a food processor, pulse together walnuts, butter, maple syrup and brown sugar until crumbly. Divide mixture among six 3”nonstick tart shell molds pressing into bases evenly.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Let cool and remove from molds.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries with liqueur and spoon ¼ cup into the based of each tart.
- Pipe or spoon ¼ cup of whipped cream onto one tart. With a knife, slice a side off a large strawberry and press a 1-inch diameter maple leaf cookie cutter into the strawberry to form a maple leaf. Place the maple leaf shaped strawberry on tartlet.
- Repeat with remaining three tarts.
- Serve immediately.