This is a prize-winning recipe in the I LOVE Walnuts! recipe contest submitted by Priscilla Yee.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, cut from fresh corn or frozen
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted California walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine water and quinoa in 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together walnut oil, lemon juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients; toss to blend.