The chef who created this recipe pairs these walnuts with his Seared Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese.
- 4 cups California walnuts, halves and pieces
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss walnuts with egg whites.
- Mix sugar with cayenne pepper and toss with the walnuts and egg whites.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until walnuts are crisp and caramelized. Let cool and enjoy.
- Serve with Seared Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese or as an appetizer or snack.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chef Rob Stevens, The Inn at Tres Pinos