Packed with loads of nutty walnut and herb flavors, this green sauce adds a burst of bright Spring flavors to anything it’s paired with. Also, it’s extremely versatile, working as well with this pan-roasted trout as it would as a sandwich spread or with crisp seasonal vegetables for a simple dip.
- 2 ounces mixed fresh herbs such as chives, chervil, dill, parsley, tarragon
- 2 ounces mixed spicy greens such as watercress, sorrel, or dandelion
- 1 ounce baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Chill for at least 1 hour before using.
- (Sauce will last up to 4 days when refrigerated in an airtight container.) (You will have extra sauce -- use it as a dip with raw vegetables, on an omelet, served with boiled potatoes, on a sandwich, or to top other seafood or poultry dishes.)