- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 4 small boned and butterflied rainbow trout
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Walnut-Herb Green Sauce
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish all over with salt and pepper.
- When oil shimmers, add fish, and cook until flesh is opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn fish over and cook on second side until just opaque in center, about 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer fish to plates, serve with a few slices of lemon, and a few spoonfuls of green sauce. Pass additional sauce on the side.