- 2 red bell peppers or 1 cup piquillo peppers (you can also choose jarred, pre-roasted and peeled red peppers and skip roasting step)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or pomegranate juice)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground, toasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper (or 1 teaspoon dried cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons Turkish or Korean pepper paste (or your favorite chili sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To roast the red bell peppers, cook on a hot grill or on a gas stove, directly on the burner grate. Turn with tongs until the red pepper skin is blackened. Immediately place the peppers in a plastic bag to steam, allowing the skin to come loose. When cool, remove the stem, skin and seeds from the roasted pepper flesh.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Please note, nutritional information below reflects one serving of the Walnut Pepper Relish. When used in the Celery Root Soup with Walnut Red Pepper Relish, the appropriate quantity of relish has been included per serving of the soup.