- 2 red bell peppers or 1 cup piquillo peppers (you can also choose jarred, pre-roasted and peeled red peppers and skip roasting step)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or pomegranate juice)
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground, toasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper (or 1 teaspoon dried cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons Turkish or Korean pepper paste (or your favorite chili sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- To roast the red bell peppers, cook on a hot grill or on a gas stove, directly on the burner grate. Turn with tongs until the red pepper skin is blackened. Immediately place the peppers in a plastic bag to steam, allowing the skin to come loose. When cool, remove the stem, skin and seeds from the roasted pepper flesh.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.