Perfect with milk, these mouth-watering cookies offer a flavorful combination of banana and crunchy walnuts.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana
- 3/4 cup instant (1 minute) oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups California walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Finely chop the banana (there will be about 3/4 cup) and stir it into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, flour, salt, baking powder and walnuts.
- Spoon the dough about 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.