This easy walnut quick bread recipe prepared with fresh or frozen blackberries, lemon zest and lemon yogurt is moist and bursting with flavor!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (6-oz.) container lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh blackberries (or 1 cup frozen, thawed), coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, milk, oil, extract, yogurt, egg and lemon zest in a large bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and 3/4 cup walnuts and add to bowl, stirring just until dry ingredients are incorporated (do not over mix). Carefully fold in blackberries and spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Refrigerate after 2 days. Makes 16 servings.