This is the most wonderful early winter taste treat! Or swap in your favorite sliced stone fruit to enjoy this tasty bite in the summertime. You can use any local honey; the secret ingredient is the small amount of sea salt sprinkled over the top.
- 3 ripe pears such as Bosc, French Butter or Comice
- 1/2 loaf Walnut Bread, such as French style and whole wheat
- 1 1/2 cups tiny arugula or micro arugula
- 1/3 pound Gorgonzola cheese (dolce) rind removed, you can substitute your favorite blue cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil or walnut oil
- Honey, to drizzle
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Cut the bread into 6, 3/4 inch thick slices. Brush with the oil and grill over a medium fire until nicely toasted on both sides.
- Concurrently, core and slice the pears into thick slabs, brush with the oil and grill. Smear bread slices with the cheese, top with a piece of grilled pear, and place on a large serving platter. Top with a sprinkling of arugula, a drizzle of honey and a small sprinkling of sea salt, if desired.