This crisp salad couldn't be more simple to prepare with its colorful medley of shredded vegetables and thick hearty noodles. The walnuts provide a satisfying crunch!
- 1 12-ounce package udon noodles
- 2 quarts sliced or chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts (roughly chopped or pulsed in food processor)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/8 cup (or to taste) Thai Garlic-Chili Sauce (This prepared sauce can be found in most major grocery stores)
- Sea or kosher salt to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cook udon noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Toss walnuts, noodles, vegetables and herbs together. Add enough dressing to coat vegetables and walnuts, and serve.