- Granulated Sugar 32.50%
- Whole Eggs 25.71%
- Butter 16.67%
- Cake Flour 15.77%
- Walnut Pieces (Size #10, 11, 12) 7.71%
- Baking Powder 0.73%
- Cardamom 0.73%
- Salt 0.18%
- Cream the butter and sugar on low speed in an industrial mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the mixing bowl and continue to mix on low speed.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom) into the mixing bowl.
- Add the walnuts and continue mixing until the batter becomes homogenous.
- Deposit the batter into a paper tray or a parchment-lined springform pan and top with walnut pieces.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes until center of the cake reaches 210°F.
- Retail product can be manufactured, baked and shipped frozen to retail markets.