This recipe is adapted with permission from American Heart Association Meals in Minutes Cookbook, Copyright © 2000 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. American Heart Association cookbooks are available from booksellers everywhere.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless fish fillets, cut into 4 pieces (Your choice of: Sole, Cod, Tilapia, Orange Roughy)
- 1/2 of a 17-ounce can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, cholesterol-free mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped California walnuts, dry-roasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a shallow glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn, green pepper, red onion, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and, if desired, salt. Stir in cilantro. Set aside.
- Place fillets in prepared dish, tucking under any thin edges. Lightly brush the top of each fillet with mayonnaise. Season with black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with corn mixture.