These bite-size chocolaty treats with walnuts are both delicious and fun for kids to make! Simple to make yet perfect for entertaining guests or for a holiday party.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- In a small pot, bring the cream to a boil just around the edges. Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a pie pan or 9-inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.
- Using a teaspoon scoop the truffles. Return to the refrigerator and let firm up again, about 30 minutes.
- Place the walnuts on a plate or pie pan. Roll the truffles in the walnuts and then roll them lightly between your palms until they are a nice round shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.