These salmon bites make great appetizers or tapas. To make entree size portions, cut salmon fillets into 4-ounce portions, follow other instructions, and extend baking time to 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
For the Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, white and pale green stem, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- Preheat oven to 400°F, Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- For the salmon bites: In another small bowl, whisk together jam and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, and cilantro. Process a few turns until blended but still a coarse texture.
- Brush salmon pieces with the jam mixture. Coat each piece evenly with the walnut and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce.