This is a light, refreshing, chilled soup that's very easy to make. Perfect for a hot summer day when you don't want to cook.
- 4 English cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1 bunch scallion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup toasted California walnuts
- 1 cup ice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Meyer lemon oil, if desired
- After chopping, salt the cucumbers and let sit one hour. Drain off liquid.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and garnish with meyer lemon oil, if desired.