Watch Aida Mollenkamp make her Walnut Milk and Walnut-Date Smoothie on The Better Show.
- 1 cup walnut milk
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 8)
"Whenever I visit Palm Springs, I always make time for a date shake. This smoothie version is a great choice that lets you indulge in the regional specialty without making the trip. The walnut milk adds another layer of flavor and balances the dates’ natural sweetness. If you’re feeling indulgent, go ahead and use vanilla frozen yogurt in place of the yogurt and ice." - Aida Mollenkamp
- Combine everything except the ice in the carafe of a blender and blend on high until the dates are broken up and the mixture very smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Add ice and blend briefly on high until ice is just broken up. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.