A simple walnut drop cookie recipe that is both moist and crunchy! The flavors of walnut, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove blend beautifully for a delightful treat or snack. As a variation, try adding some mini chocolate chips.
Recipe Adapted from Domino and C&H Sugar.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen, thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a medium bowl. Add juice concentrate, vanilla and egg; beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients then stir into butter mixture; stir in chopped walnuts.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets then sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.