Nothing but great nutritious ingredients in these gluten free bars! Perfect before a workout, for breakfast, or a good for you snack.
- 3 cups California Walnuts, divided
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried Mediterranean apricots
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside 1 cup walnuts.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process just until mixture is sticky and holds together.
- Add remaining walnuts and pulse on and off to coarsely chop.
- Press into a 7 X 10-inch rectangle and cut into 20 equal pieces.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to an airtight container.
Makes 20 bars. (Alternately, cut into 1-inch squares for a more bite-size bar.)
Variation: Add 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut. Reduce cherry extract to 1 teaspoon and add 1 teaspoon coconut extract.