This easy walnut chocolate fudge recipe is slightly less sweet than traditional. The best part is that this foolproof recipe requires no candy thermometer! Try garnishing individual pieces with a walnut half for a beautiful presentation.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb. dark or bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 (1-oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped California walnuts, toasted
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with foil. Melt butter and sweetened condensed milk together in a large heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in chocolate and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate has melted.
- Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy; stir in walnuts.
- Spread in prepared pan and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until fudge has set.