Impress guests and family with this savory chicken preparation. Feel free to substitute your favorite soft, spreadable cheese if chevre isn't your first choice.
- 4-6 chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound goat cheese
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Yields 2 cups Walnut-Goat Cheese Mix
- Place basil, walnuts and garlic in food processor and slowly add oil until mixture is a thick paste. Set aside.
- Add goat cheese, cream cheese and eggs to food processor and pulse until mixed well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine basil and walnut paste with cheese mixture.
- Gently pull up skin from chicken breasts and using a piping bag, or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off and pipe approximately 2-3 ounces of cheese mixture under skin of each breast and gently smooth skin over cheese mixture and breast.
- Roast breasts on wire rack in sheet pan or in roasting pan at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 165 degrees (approximately 30-40 minutes) and chicken is a nice light brown color. If chicken is not browned enough, put under broiler for approximately 2 minutes.
- Loosely cover with foil and let rest for 8-10 minutes before serving.