These walnut maple cookies by famed Pastry Chef Emily Luchetti are the perfect combination of walnuts and sweet maple. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg. Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in the baking powder, salt, flour and walnuts.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.