These drop biscuits are very easy to make. Serve them with soup, scrambled eggs, or salads.
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts, divided
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Chop 1/2 cup of the walnuts very fine, about the size of rice grains.
- In a large bowl combine finely chopped walnuts, flours, baking powder, sugar and basil. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in Parmesan, sun dried tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Make a well in center of dry mixture; add cottage cheese and milk to well. Stir with a fork just until dough is evenly moistened.
- Scoop twelve mounds of dough, about 1/2 cup each, onto prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes until brown on bottom and tops are golden. Serve warm.