So simple, yet pretty and delicious, these chocolate and walnut 'tartlets' take minutes to make. Perfect for any celebration they can be shaped into rounds, squares or hearts.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup puffed brown rice cereal (brown Rice Crispies-type cereal)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 36 fresh raspberries
- 6 sprigs of mint
- Arrange six cupcake papers on a baking sheet or in a muffin pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts and rice cereal; mix well. Add the melted chocolate and stir until all is well coated.
- Divide evenly among the 6 paper-lined cups and press gently with the back of a soup spoon to compact into a "crust".
- Arrange 6 raspberries on top gently pressing them into position while the chocolate is still warm. Garnish with a sprig of the mint.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the paper liners and place on a serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 36 hours.