So simple, yet pretty and delicious, these chocolate and walnut 'tartlets' take minutes to make. Perfect for any celebration they can be shaped into rounds, squares or hearts. Make sure that you only use the very best chocolate.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup puffed brown rice cereal (brown Rice Crispies-type cereal)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 36 fresh raspberries
- 6 sprigs of mint
- Arrange six cupcake papers on a baking sheet or in a muffin pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts and rice cereal; mix well. Add the melted chocolate and stir until all is well coated.
- Divide evenly among the 6 paper-lined cups and press gently with the back of a soup spoon to compact into a "crust".
- Arrange 6 raspberries on top gently pressing them into position while the chocolate is still warm. Garnish with a sprig of the mint.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the paper liners and place on a serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 36 hours.