Quick and easy walnut appetizer that couldn't be simpler to prepare and have on hand for snacking or entertaining. Two dried apricot halves with just enough cream cheese to hold the walnut in place.
- 40 dried apricot halves, approximately 1 pound*
- 2 to 3 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 20 walnut halves, approximately 1/4 to 1/3 pound
- *Choose dried apricots that are soft, not hard, as they are easier to work with. For variety, try splitting open dried figs or prunes and continue as follows.
- On a work surface, lay out 20 apricot halves, cut side up.
- Spread each with 1/4 teaspoon cream cheese or goat cheese.
- Press a walnut half into the cheese and top each with one of the remaining apricot halves, pressing the cut side against the walnut to make a sandwich.
- To store, wrap in plastic wrap, or use a plastic or other container with a lid.