Simple quesadilla recipe with a unique blend of crunchy walnuts, vegetables, spices and chicken. Perfect as an entrée, snack or appetizer!
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup 1/4-inch dice zucchini
- 1 cup 1/4-inch dice precooked chicken
- 1/3 cup 1/4-inch dice roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend
- 4 medium-size soft taco multi-grain tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- Cook onion in butter over medium heat for 15 minutes or until onions are very soft and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. (May be prepared up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.) Stir in chicken, peppers and seasoning.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface and place equal amounts of cheese, onion mixture and walnuts over half of each; fold over to enclose. Cook in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 5 minutes on each side or until tortilla is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with warm marinara sauce, if desired. Makes 4 main dish or 8 appetizer servings.