These walnut studded veggie sliders are packed with flavor and ideal for a light meal or snack time!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern or cannellini beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- Mini wheat or white buns
- Toppings: lettuce, salsa, avocado and thinly sliced red onion
- Rinse beans and drain well; press between double layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place in a medium bowl and mash lightly.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, except buns and toppings, and mix well; cover and chill for at least 30 minutes for easier handling. (May be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Using wet hands, shape into 16 small slider patties. Cook in a large nonstick skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place between buns and serve with lettuce, salsa, avocado and onion.
**Nutritionals do not include bun.