This is a prize-winning recipe in the I LOVE Walnuts! recipe contest.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped English Walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup halved small red grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup diced English (European) cucumbers, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces Chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled (preferably garlic and herb flavor)
- Nonstick cooking spray.
- Chives (for garnish)
- Spray 6 (8 ounce) ramekins with cooking spray. Cook orzo in a medium saucepan according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine hot orzo, WALNUTS, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, olives, oil, parsley, mint, chives and juice; mix well. Stir in cheese.
- Divide orzo mixture evenly into ramekins, packing tightly. Invert onto individual serving plates; gently remove ramekins.*
- Garnish plates with chives as desired. Serve warm. (Can also be served cold.)
*Note: Can also be served on salad plates without use of ramekins.