Delicious chutney that can be served warm or cold. Great as a snack on toast with mild cheese then topped with toasted walnuts!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups wild, frozen blueberries
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 lemon, white pith removed (cut in large strips with a small sharp knife)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- *Serving Suggestion: Spread on whole grain crackers or toast and top with toasted walnut pieces.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion and ginger and cook until soft. Add all remaining ingredients except vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens and reduces, about 30 minutes.
- When chutney has thickened, stir in vinegar and season to taste with salt. Allow to cool and remove bay leaf, cinnamon and lemon zest. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 2 cups.