According to Cooking Light, this recipe from their "Great Summer Salads" collection, is "quick and easy" and "the perfect way to enjoy all the produce that's in season..."
Read the full article here.
And enjoy the recipe below:
Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked farro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved (about 2 cups) $
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add farro and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling water; cook 15 minutes or until al dente. Drain; cool at room temperature 15 minutes. Combine farro, cherries, celery, walnuts, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Pour dressing over farro mixture; toss to coat.
Ruth Cousineau, Cooking Light