The California Walnut Commission's Food For Your Whole Life™ webcast presents a distinguished panel of experts who address new and cutting edge nutrition findings that have been discovered in the past year.
June 24, 2011 (San Francisco) -- The California Walnut Commission's Food For Your Whole Life™ webcast presents a distinguished panel of experts who address new and cutting edge nutrition findings that have been discovered in the past year.
There are many nuances to health. However, the common thread throughout the insights and findings of the panel are prevention and moderation. To a large extent, your readers are in charge of their health. By eating a balanced diet that includes plant-based foods, exercising and becoming engaged in their health – they can lead happier, healthier lives.
"The California Walnut Commission has been involved in health research for more than 20 years and is dedicated to helping educate consumers on healthy lifestyle choices to achieve optimal health. To that end, we are pleased to present this update to Food For Your Whole Life," states Chief Executive Officer of the California Walnut Commission, Dennis A. Balint.
Immediately available, the webcast features:
- Dr. David Katz discusses dietary fats and sugars, whole foods versus select nutrients, where we are headed nutritionally and what pitfalls we may be facing along the way.
- Karen Collins looks at eating habits and lifestyle choices that can promote overall health, reduce risk of cancer and heart disease, and may prove beneficial for men and women.
- Dr. Joan Sabaté talks about emerging science involving heart health and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
- Dr. Brian Wansink, an expert in eating behavior, provides some additional insight into the new 2010 Dietary Guidelines and what they mean to today's consumer.
- Dr. Michael Roizen examines the impact of nutrition and lifestyle choices on current and future economic conditions in the United States, as well as, what people can do now to change their risk for disease.
To view the webcast, please follow this link: http://psav.mediasite.com/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=2b7953af2c844774ac1234cb4001ca201d
**The on-demand version will be accessible for three months.
- David L. Katz, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.M., F.A.C.P., Director, Yale University Prevention Research Center
- Karen Collins, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., Nutrition Advisor, American Institute for Cancer Research
- Joan Sabaté, M.D., Dr.P.H., Professor and Chair of the Department of Nutrition, Loma Linda University School of Public Health
- Brian Wansink, Ph.D., Director, Cornell Food and Brand Lab; author of "Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think"
- Michael F. Roizen, M.D., Chief Wellness Officer, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute; co-founder of the RealAge Institute and co-author of the YOU book series
Media Resources Available:
- Expert interviews (coordinated upon request, as experts are available)
- Digital photography of recipes and expert headshots
- Electronic files of all press kit materials