Take a look at these fabulous recipes food writer and blogger Amy Sherman creates with walnuts!
Read the full article here.
And enjoy some of Amy's tips and ideas from her piece below:
1. Store walnuts in the refrigerator for up to six months or in the freezer for up to one year. And if you buy them in the shell, don’t crack them until you are ready to use them;
2. The simplest way to toast walnuts is in the oven, on a cookie sheet, in a single layer, at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes;
3. Roasted walnuts are one of the easiest gifts to take to a holiday dinner or just to give as a gift; try theseCajun Spiced Walnuts;
4. Walnuts are a natural in salads, but also work beautifully blended into salad dressings, as in this Kale, Apple, Pancetta, and Walnut Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing—a two-for-one treat;
5. Toasted walnuts make a great topping for appetizers and dips, like Gorgonzola and Tasted Walnut Spread.